Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I cannot but I know God CAN

Days until I Leave for the World Race: 269
Amount of Money I need to Raise: $14,800
       269 Days to raise $14,800....That means that I need to raise about $55 per day for the next 269 days.
When I first tell people that I am going on the World Race, the question they always ask is "How much is that going to cost?" The best part is to watch their faces when I tell them the staggering number of $15,500. Most every time it is a reaction of surprise and although they rarely say it outloud I can tell that they are thinking "Ha. Goodluck with that one." Honestly that is what I thought when I first applied for the trip. How the heck am I going to raise $15,500? It was hard enough getting $5,300 for my trip to Africa this summer. Plus a lot of people already gave for that trip and probably won't want to give again. I am NEVER going to get this money. And then God stepped in....As I was sitting there panicking over the fact that I am completely broke and cannot pay for this trip myself and the fact that I somehow had to raise the same amount of money that some people spend on a car, God spoke to me. He said, "Brittany, when you asked me to provide the money and supplies for you to go to Africa, did I not provide? When you prayed for healing throughout that trip, did I not provide? When you prayed for safety, did I not provide? You say you trust me, then why are you anxious about this? Have I not proven myself to be faithful? Of course you cannot do it alone but I can. Do not worry my child. I will surely provide." At that moment I was reminded of a passage from Matthew 6:25-34.
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"
   "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

My God is a God who provides. Yes, I have a very steep hill to climb in fundraising for this trip but I have no doubt that my God will come through. So, now here is where you come in. Just as God is going to use me to bring His kingdom to the nations next year, He can use you as well. I cannot do this alone and I want to invite you to be a part of my journey. That could be through financial support or it could be through prayer and encouragement. Either way, I want you to share this experience with me. You may not be called to go on the World Race as I have been called but I do believe that we are all called to build the Kingdom. If you would like to be a part of this journey with me, there are a few different ways you can help:
Financial
1. Donate online: On the left hand side of my blog site, you will see a link that says "Support Me." Just click on that link and it will direct you to the page to give online donations to my trip.

2. Threads of Hope Bracelets: I am partnering with an organization called Threads of Hope. Threads of Hope assists the economically oppressed in under-developed countries to establish home enterprises that will provide an income, through the development of products that can be sold world-wide. Half of the money I raise from selling these bracelets will go directly to their mission fund and the other half will go towards my trip. I will be selling them for $2 or 3 for $5. I should be getting them in the next week so if you would like some just email me, facebook me, or find me in person. I can also ship them if you do not live in Macon.
3. Checks or Cash: Send checks (made payable to Adventures in Missions) or cash to:
                                 MU Box 72760
                                 1400 Coleman Ave.
                                 Macon, GA 31207

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment